Ok, on Saturday, the 19th, we went back to Ensenada and La Bufadora. This time, we went on a boat ride around the bay of Ensenada.
Lying on the buoy sunbathing, is a sea lion.
More sea lions lying around!
A crate being unloaded from a cargo ship. Of course it's from China!
The Ensenada fish market.
Sunday was church, and I was happy to recognize two of the songs; How Great is Our God, and Forever. After lunch, the group and I went out into Tijuana. We went to Las Playas (the border fence) again, and the on to the Centro Cultural Tijuana, the cultural center. I hadn't gotten to tour it yet. I was very interesting and showed the history of Mexico as well as Tijuana. Next we stopped at a market before going on to supper at a wonderful taco place. I got an amazing loaded baked potato, which made this Iowa girl very happy!
My potato
On Monday, I found out how to do laundry in Tijuana, you hang it to dry, and place your socks on the fence post, as seen below.
My socks drying on the fence.
After doing my laundry, I made another rug out of sheets. This time, I used the material I'd tie dyed. I think it turned out very nice, don't you?
My new rug made out of tie dyed material.
The ladies from West Virginia and I have been doing more crafts all week and teaching the women. Tomorrow, they will go back home, so I took a picture of the whole group of them.
The West Virginia Group
It's amazing how close you can get after just 10 days. I'm really going to miss these women. They have been so much fun and I've learned a lot from them! I might have to go to West Virginia on my next trip!
I don't really have much else to report, so I'll sign off. I was hearing some grumbling from the states about not having updated, so here you all go! Take care!

No comments:
Post a Comment